Friday, September 27, 2013

Disney Villains Nail Art Kit Review - Evil Queen


I found this at Walgreens for $9.99!  They also have nail art kits for Maleficent, Ursula, and Cruella De Vil.  Each kit has their own unique colors so it''ll be hard to only choose one.  They were on a display with a bunch of other matching Disney Villain items.  They had makeup bags, matching Villain Look Books from E.L.F., matching eyelash kits, and matching hair elastics.  The gorgeous watercolor artwork of the Disney Villains is to die for.  If they made art prints I'd definitely hang them up on my walls.  I love watercolor painting and these images are minimalistic but at the same time colorful and strikingly stunning, almost too pretty for simple packaging.  I chose the Evil Queen because I'm having a Snow White obsession at the moment.



How To Use!

Flatbrush: Use to create unique designs or gather glitter to lay onto nails with precision.
Foil Tape: Create accented patterns and shapes or outline polished nail designs. (gold)
Nail Art Sheet: Apply decorative stickers to create one-of-a-kind looks.
Faux Rhinestone Sticker Sheet: Use to create accents or jeweled looks.
HD Glitters: Using your favorite polish, elaborate on your nail art looks by layering the glitter or carefully place glitter shapes onto the nails to create intricate looks with textured effects.
Caviar Beads: Apply a thin layer of Top Coat and with polish still wet, dip nail into the bead container to create a textured 3D design.  Use on entire nail or just at the tips for cuticle lines for a French Caviar or Half Moon Caviar look.

You also get a mini bottle of Top Coat and a small Orange Wood Stick, one side pointed the other slanted.

Expert Tip: Apply a thin layer of Top Coat to seal in nail art particles.

Brand: KISS


The packaging has a clear window to see all the goodies inside.  I love the graphic of the poison apple.  The top flap gives you an idea for an Evil Queen nail look using black, white, and purple nail polish, gold tape, and rhinestones.



Sparkly!



Here's everything all laid out except for the gold tape (oops!), it's inside of the plastic sleeve with the clear rhinestones.



The nail stickers are awesome and show a variety of images from Snow White.  There's the face in the mirror, a poison apple, skulls, crows, and lacy designs with faux silver rhinestones.  The background is actually clear it's just on top of a piece of black paper.



My favorite part of the kit is the glitter!

Brown: finely textured warm brown glitter.
Black: My favorite!  A crazy blend of holo/rainbow black microglitter with diamond shapes.  It sparkles like crazy!  3D effect.
Gold: gold microglitter with iridescent hexagon shapes.
Orange: Second favorite! The orange is intense and has an iridescent 3D rainbow effect to it.  It's really bright and sparkly!
Pink: My least favorite is this coraly/pink colored glitter.  To me it just feels like it doesn't belong in this kit.  There's pink microglitter with iridescent squares.
Red: finely textured red glitter.

Out of all of the glitters the only ones that I'd consider to be 3D/HD are the black and orange.  The other colors are very pretty but kind of basic to me.



Nail Caviar:  The nail caviar is a mix of super tiny gold and red beads.  The mix reminds me of a caramel apple!

Overall Opinion:  This nail kit is awesome!  You get a lot of stuff to play with here.  I've never tried nail caviar before so I'm really curious about it.  The stickers peel off/stick on really well and after I sealed it with the top coat I could hardly feel the edges at all.  The rhinestones are clear and really tiny and they stick very as long as you seal around it with topcoat.  You get a ton of gold foil tape and lots of glitter to play with.  All you need is time, patience, and creativity!

Should you get it?:  Yes!

Are you going to purchase a Disney Villain nail art kit?  All of them?  Which villain is your favorite in the collection?  If my review was helpful please leave me a comment!

This product was purchased by me.  I was not paid or compensated in any way for this review.  This is my honest personal opinion!  All photos were taken by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment